You may have heard more and more people talking about collagen and its many benefits, from helping improve skin, hair and nails to how it can help keep your joints supple and healthy. We love collagen here at The Protein Drinks Company which is why we've included it in our best selling Collagen Protein Milk product. We wanted to give you a quick rundown on how including one of our little bottles of beauty in your diet can help you.
What is collagen?
Collagen is a type of protein which is present in the connective tissues of the body. Collagen is vitally important in certain functions including strengthening your hair, nails and joints along with keeping your skin hydrated and firm.
How does collagen work?
Collagen provides supportive structure for many body tissues including your muscles, ligaments and bones helping to keep them strong and healthy. Collagen also works with another compound known as elastin and together they help keep your tissues strong and firm. This combination of collagen and elastin offers a potent formula for keeping your skin looking firm, flexible and younger looking. Younger people naturally produce higher levels of collagen but as you age this production slows down, which is why supplementing with a collagen product such as our Collagen Protein Milk can offer a whole host of benefits.
The many benefits of collagen
So there you have it, collagen is in our opinion a wonder ingredient! To summarise, here are the main benefits of collagen:
1. Skin: Helps keep it full, smooth, hydrated and firm.
2. Hair: Provides strength, volume, shine and fullness.
3. Joint and Muscles: Keeps them strong and flexible and helps protect against daily wear and tear.
4. Cartilage: Provides fluid for cushion and elasticity in and around joints.
5. Tendons and ligaments: Helps keep them supple, strong and flexible.
6. Arteries: Helps keep your arteries strong and flexible.
Collagen Protein Milk is available from Tesco, Holland & Barrett, Ocado or online here.¬†